Rural and Leisure cycling
There are lots of quiet roads and off-road tracks you can use:
- The Wiltshire Cycle Way is a circular route which lets you explore the beautiful Wiltshire countryside
- Visit Wiltshire has suggested cycle routes
- The South West adventure cycle map shows all the tracks cyclists can legally use in the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and grades each route for difficulty
- Have a look at our rail days out including the Salisbury to Stonehenge cycle route.
- The Salisbury to New Forest cycle map shows routes between Salisbury and Brockenhurst. You can then explore over 100 miles of family friendly cycle routes in the New Forest.
- Find routes created by the community or make your own at cycle-route.com.
- The Kennet and Avon canal path runs by Bradford-on-Avon, Trowbridge, Melksham, Devizes, Pewsey and Great Bedwyn. You can print out this map of the Bath to Bradford on Avon section.
- Discover a cycle route around Wilton created by Cranbourne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs AONB
- Download The Golden Way in Salisbury
Cycling and walking guides for Wiltshire are also available from the Sustrans online shop.
British Cycling Sky Ride routes
These are short, simple rides avoiding main roads around Amesbury, Chippenham, Devizes , Salisbury and Trowbridge
- Avon Valley and Bourne Valley Cruise
- Churchill Gardens River Circuit
- Old Sarum Circular
- Steady Pedal along the Avon
- Wylye Valley Amble