Cycle training can help you improve your riding skills, giving you the confidence to cycle safely. Wiltshire Council offer Bikeability training at three levels:
- Usually covered in a traffic-free environment. Anyone completing Level 1 will be able to demonstrate the skills and understanding to be able to make a trip and undertake activities safely in a traffic free environment.
- Covered on quiet roads but with real traffic conditions. Anyone completing Level 2 will be able to demonstrate the skills and understanding to be able to make a trip safely to school or elsewhere on quiet roads.
- Covered on busy roads and incorporating real traffic conditions and advanced road features. Anyone completing Level 3 will be able to demonstrate the skills and understanding to be able to confidently cycle on busy roads and navigate complex junctions and road features.
If you are interested in cycle training there are three options:
- For children, Bikeability training is available through schools.
- Some large employers also organise cycle training for adults.
- Adult cycle training costs around £25 per hour for one-to-one tuition. Group cycle training can also be arranged.
For information about trainers in your area, please use our contact form below.