Liftshare week is back! With the cost of living on everyone’s mind, have you considered sharing your travel costs?
The Liftshare platform has been designed with flexibility in mind and as hybrid Working is the new normal why should extortionate fuel prices be the new normal too? There are many benefits to using Liftshare, including:
- You have the choice to upload a regular commuting journey or a one-off journey. This means you can still save fuel costs and reduce CO2 emissions for those irregular journeys to the office that you make once in a blue moon. Travel to the office once a month? Great! You only need to Liftshare once to be a sustainable commuter 100% of the time.
- Work shifts and not sure what hours you’ll be doing next week? There is now a shift work option which allows you to fill a text box of your weekly shifts. People with a similar journey can see you’re working shifts and can message you to find out if your shifts align with their journey pattern.
- You don’t need a car to use Liftshare. Many people are happy to offer lifts in exchange for sharing the fuel costs. On the Liftshare network you can register your journey ‘as a passenger’ if you don’t have a car. If you cycle or walk to work then you’ve chosen the best option, but it’s always good to find a car share partner just in case one day you need a lift.
- You can choose to share with a specific member of the community. Click your profile picture and select My community. This will show you whether you are in a community or not. Enter in the name of the member you are searching for. From the members profile you will be able to message the member or view their journey and send a request to share.
- Parent doing the school run? We have loads of parents happily liftsharing across the UK. The best way to do it would be to set your journey from the local area of your child’s school (not the school itself) to your place of work. You’ll be able to match with people whilst keeping the school run completely separate.
For more information and to find out how to sign up go over to our dedicated car share page here.