There are lots of quiet roads and off-road tracks you can use:
- The Wiltshire Cycle Way is a circular route which lets you explore the beautiful Wiltshire countryside
- Visit Wiltshire has suggested cycle routes
- Have a look at our rail days out including the Salisbury-to-Stonehenge-cycle-map.
- The Salisbury to New Forest cycle map shows routes between Salisbury and Brockenhurst. You can then explore over 100 miles of family friendly cycle routes in the New Forest.
- Find routes created by the community or make your own at cycle-route.com.
- The Kennet and Avon canal path runs by Bradford-on-Avon, Trowbridge, Melksham, Devizes, Pewsey and Great Bedwyn. You can print out this map of the Bath to Bradford on Avon section.
- Discover cycle routes around Wiltshire created by Cranbourne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs AONB
- Download The Golden Way in Salisbury.
- TransWilts have released their own guide to Railway journeys and Cycling. You can take your own bike, hire a bike locally or you can even hire one from Melksham station itself. Choose a station to start from and explore Wiltshire for the day or even a staycation. Take your time to admire the rolling green fields and countryside within this ancient county.
Cycling and walking guides for Wiltshire are also available from the Sustrans online shop.
British Cycling routes
These are mainly short, simple rides avoiding main roads around Amesbury, Chippenham, Devizes, Salisbury and Trowbridge. For information please British Cycling website.